Infectious Diseases and Microbiology
The disease caused by a disease-causing microbe entering and settling in the body is called an Infection Disease. As also understood from the definition, all kinds of inflammatory and contagious diseases occurred in connection with the bacteria and viruses are in the field of interest of "Infection Diseases and Clinical Microbiology". The microbiology laboratory builds the interpretation bridge between the results and the disease and ensures that the patient is provided the best service.
Services provided in the department;
- Prevents generation of resistant microorganisms by supervising the use of antibiotics within the hospital.
- Directs diagnostics and treatments of hepatitis A, B, C, D and E.
- Assists the diagnostics by performing liver needle biopsy necessary for chronic hepatitis B, C and D diagnosis, administers treatments and performs monitoring.
- Performs diagnosis and treatments related to Contagious Diseases.
- Protection and Prevention of Hospital Infections program is directed and supervised by our clinic. All kinds of idiopathic fever identifications can be made.
- Adult inoculation directing and informing are made.