Rheumatic diseases include any diseases that cause pain, stiffness, and swelling in joints or other supportive body structures, such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones. In fact, the group of arthritis diseases falls under the category of rheumatic diseases.
Arthritis and other rheumatic diseases are often mistakenly associated with old age, because osteoarthritis (the most common form of arthritis) occurs more often among older persons. However, arthritis and other rheumatic diseases affect people of all ages.
Yeditepe University Hospital’s team of specialists are leaders in the field of rheumatology. After a diagnosis, we discuss treatment plan options with our patients to help make it so having a rheumatic disease doesn’t have to necessarily limit your lifestyle. With proper management, a rheumatic disease often does not have to hinder your daily activities.
Conditions We Treat
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Anti-phospholipid syndrome
- Inflammatory muscle diseases
- Polymyositis / dermatomyositis
- Progressive Systematic Sclerosis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Reactive arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Vasculitis syndromes
Rheumatologists at Mayo Clinic provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for diseases that affect the body's connective tissue. Preoperative evaluation and recommendations for patients considering joint replacement and arthritis-related reconstructive surgeries are also provided.
Rheumatologic services at Yeditepe University Hospital:
- Outpatient consultations
- Outpatient specialty care for patients with chronic rheumatic diseases
- Hospital consultations
- Diagnostic and therapeutic intra-articular and soft tissue injections and aspirations
- Outpatient diagnostic arthroscopy
- Education on rheumatologic diseases and treatments