The General Surgery Department aims to provide the highest standard of surgical care and service to its patients, and regards their opinions and comments as extremely valuable in helping the department to identify areas of success and opportunities for improvement.
We provide outstanding surgical care to all patients including outpatient, inpatient and those in the emergency department. Our team consists of dedicated professionals and skilled staffs (doctors, nurses, paramedical) who are committed in helping to deliver top quality surgical care to the patients using modern and cost effective technology
The Department of General Surgery offers general as well as Laparoscopic services from highly qualified and experienced surgeons. The department provides an entire spectrum of general surgeries through a team of experienced and committed surgeons. General surgical procedures include all minor and major cases with a vast range that includes head and neck surgery, hernia surgery, colorectal surgery and a list of other procedures. More commonly performed procedures are as follows:
- Anal Fissures, Hemorrhoids, Fistulae, other Anal and Anorectal procedures
- Gastro-Intestinal tract Surgeries- Intestinal resection and anastmosis including colectomy and abdominoperineal resection, lap surgeries for rectal prolapse, mesenteric cyst, mekel’s diverticulum, Intraperitoneal and retroperitineal tumors, cancers of gastrointestinal tract.
- Thyroid, other neck and face swellings
- Breast surgeries for lumps and cancer
- Cysts, lipomas, sinuses, in-growing toe nail, other small and large skin/ subcutaneous swellings
- Circumcision of newly born babies
- Emergency surgeries: Injuries and lacerations repair, trauma- blunt and penetrating abdominal or thoracic injuries. Abscess, liver abscess, intra-abdominal abscess, other infections including cellulitis
- Hernia repair of Abdominal Wall and Inguinal region, including Incisional, Femoral, Ventral Wall, Umbilical etc. and wall tightening.
- Gall bladder and appendix removal
- Basic and advanced laparoscopic procedures
- Varicose veins